Friday, September 24, 2010

Why Funky Junk?

People ask me all the time "what made you want to start a show?".  The Answer is simple, I love people, I love fun, and I love Junk!  So, together with my amazing business partner Hollie Eastman, we formed an event that included all the above.  We had been two booths down at the wonderful and exciting Farm Chicks Show for 4 seasons.  We had extra stuff, surprisingly extra time (pre Glenn and Finn) and a little empty grange (empty except for all the stuff left in it from a rummage sale 25 years ago!)  We rented the little building for a song and a dance (actually for our work in cleaning it up, just the two of us and any family members we could sucker in)!  Appropriately it was called "Paradise Grange", hence the sign you see at the entrance of each of our shows, and will for years to come!
We knew by the crowd that lined up down the old dirt road that this was something that we should do again...and so we have.   7 times over and counting.   We changed locations to granges that are bit more accommodating (running water and restrooms!), but hold dear the memories of our little Building on Paradise road.

 It has only been getting better.  We have grown.  We have gained knowledge, we have laughed a lot and tried to cry little, we have been humbled and we have made many wonderful friends.  We have added to the mix new babies, new homes and new insights.  But one thing remains, the three words Hollie came up with at our first show... LOVE.  FUN. JUNK.  It is that simple.  So with this new blog I hope to bring to you stories that capture those simple words.  Here's to the memories to come!

4 comments:

Hollie Joy In The Morning said... Best Blogger Tips

I love it!! Thanks for the memories, and here's the the love, fun & junk to come!!=) Love you Hollie

Summerland Style said... Best Blogger Tips

I will always be a funky junk fan & cheerleader! So glad I get to keep up with you two now in cyberspace. Much love and success, friends!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

That's my Girl

Funky Junk Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

Love you Hollie! Thanks My favorite Summerland, we miss you! Love you mom!
Love, Jennifer