Monday, February 6, 2012

A lunch & look

I was invited to my dear friend Michele’s home for a lunch & Look Last week.   What exactly is a lunch a look you may ask?  It is simple, it is what women have loved to do for years, to decorate their homes and have friends over for a nice meal and share all their hard work and creativity.  In the junking world this is tenfold.  We as Junkers love to discover treasure, live with it in our homes decorating with our own style and more over we LOVE to share it with others!  Half of the fun of decorating is hearing other’s reactions, seeing their faces as they ooo and awe over what we have created.   And what we have discovered.   There was plenty of that last Monday when a group of us Junkers and friends gathered around Michele’s beautiful pine table and enjoyed her home and a nice lunch together.  She left her Christmas decorations up for all of us to enjoy.
 Michele has been a shopper at many a show, so it was very fun to go to her home and see in action the items she has found in our booths and stores.  Vendor’s think of this often, we find a piece and save it for a special show hoping someone loves it as much as we do.  Here are some pics of Michele’s wonderful home and our Lunch & Look.

Such a sweet welcome on her pantry door
I would love one of these lighted aluminum trees!

I LOVE This children's vintage toy fridge!
Vintage Santa.
A SCORE from Pink, I love this Santa!

Winter beauty.

A perfect patina on this old cupboard.

Prettiness,
I stared at this all through lunch enjoying all the detail!

Enchilada lunch with an amazing salad and salsas!  The jello salad was orange cream, I had seconds!  Michele took the time to write our place tags with a dry erase marker on keepsake picture frames.  She even made us all books to put our pictures in!  She is so talented!

Michele has recently opened her own business and booth 3 Craft Chicks at the wonderful ROOST on the corner of Main and Division in Spokane WA.  She creates a style of retro and rustic with her own twist added in the amazing paper products she creates.  Check out her blog (Moments with Michele)too for a wonderful journey in her beautiful day to day life.  My only regret was that I did not get any pictures of people,  But it was a splendid day of visiting and sharing a love for home and decorating and friendship,  Thank you Michele for a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Elaine said... Best Blogger Tips

sweet post and it was oh, so nice to see YOU!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this post Jennifer! Lunch n'Look, I didn't know there was a name for it. Michele makes me want to get my Christmas decorations(not really) out again. I do love it when people like my stuff and I love seeing others! It validates us...

Michele said... Best Blogger Tips

Sure was a grand day and all the more because you were there!
That's all.
xoxo

Hollie Joy In The Morning said... Best Blogger Tips

wonderful pics...she has a great collection and great attitude!!
Hollie

Kristin said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a good idea!! :)

Junebug Furniture and Design said... Best Blogger Tips

Jennifer, such a lovely post! Celia, Oliver, & I had such a nice time. It was so good to see you and we so enjoyed Michele and her home. Oh my goodnes...the food, was over the top!

See you soon,
Glad & Cel