Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Breaking in "Big Jim"


The week of Funky Junk Old Blue Had a bit of heart failure and could not make the haul to and from the show.  I came to the realization that I needed to get a "new truck" for this junking business.  With a heavy heart I went on my search...it took about 5 minutes on Craigslist.  I found a truck over in Colville from an amazing family that get this...owns a Farm and an Antique store The Front Porch Farm !!  It was Serendipity!  A Caribbean Turquoise color, I named him after Jimmy Buffett...So I am proud to welcome "Big Jim" to the farm!  We wasted no time trying out the 4 wheel drive, We made trip after trip up the mountain for firewood.  I love this time of year, the smell of firewood and the time we spend in the woods with family and friends is something I have always cherished.  We came home with a good load, clear heads and the comfort in knowing we had made a good purchase in Big Jim!

Meet Big Jim, a 1997 F350.
 
Linda helping me make a right choice!
 
I love firewood season!
 
Everyone lends a helping hand!
Glenn Kelly Gives Granny a push up the hill after our hike.
 
A last shot before the frost hits...

 
A hard days work deserves a chocolate milk!


1 comments:

Cary said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh, I love this! Definitely miss heating with wood and the ritual of firewood stockpiling. Someday...