Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Homebound

There is something about just being home that I enjoy.  I have been on the go for so many months that I decided that January was going to be my month to snuggle in...to make stews and breads, to watch old movies I have been urning for, to redecorate, to take long baths and actually read a book.  To work on the office cottage and make sandwiches for lunch.

 I celebrated my 33 birthday this past Monday...at home. My coffee hour girls brought coffee hour to me along with cheesecake and merriment!  All morning we sat around my kitchen table and just visited.    It feels so good to be domestic and to catch up on the things that matter most; such as finding Glenn's missing toy chicken or folding his cloth diapers while listening to Adel and pressing the replay button.   I hope you too are getting a break from the rush, enjoying this new year and loving your home, after all...that is what home is for.  Kindly, Jennifer

6 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm totally in the same boat Jennifer. Loving being at home and in the kitchen. Loving getting to watch whatever I want on Netflix -- no compromising. Loving time spent with my boys. Enjoy it my friend. I know I sure am!

Kim said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so like this!! I spend as much time as possible at home and in my studio. It feeds my spirit.

Kristin said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope it was wonderful and that this year is magical for you. :)

I, too, am enjoying a slower pace and reading more books. Love it!!

Mermaids of the Lake said... Best Blogger Tips

I am yearning for the same thing! Happy to hear you are achieving it!!! ~Debbie

Funky Junk Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear so many of you are in the same boat! Cheers! -Jennifer

Hollie Joy In The Morning said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy January nesting~Hollie